Static Media delivers engaging content across a broad spectrum of topics. Tackling blockbuster movies, games, and chicken sandwiches, the year’s best new styles, the secrets of the universe, and everything in between, Static Media’s content never stands still. Static Media’s portfolio includes fourteen unique brands, each with successful video and social media presences, and which are all driven by a core commitment to creating quality content from the start. Join us to create some signal out of all the noise.
|Name of Job||Celebrity Entertainment News Writer|
|Post of Location||USA|
|Name of Organization||NickiSwift.com|
|Salary||$21 Per Hour|
Static media’s celeb gossip site Nicki Swift is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working freelance writers to join our team. Ideal candidates have at least one year of experience writing content for print or the web with a focus on celeb and reality TV content similar to Nicki Swift. We are looking for creative individuals who are self-sufficient and versatile. These positions are work-from-home with flexible, stable hours. Location does not matter; U.S. and international candidates are encouraged to apply.
About Nicki Swift:
Plenty of entertainment brands tackle Hollywood, but Nicki Swift stands apart in style and smarts. Spending time with us is like hanging out with a friend who keeps the conversation clever, quick, and classy. We dish out the good stuff on all your favorite celebs, add expert analysis, then move on to the next hot topic, all without breaking a sweat.
News Writer Responsibilities:
- Claim news article topics from a large selection of assignments
- Pitch relevant and timely news stories related to the site’s areas of coverage
- Research and write 300- to 800-word articles in custom CMS
- Write content on a quick turnaround as applicable
- Contribute to and follow the guidelines of our style guide, editorial strategy and publishing standards to uphold quality of content
- Compensation: $21 per hour
Minimum one year editorial experience writing and editing. Experience with building content in a CMS.
To apply for this job, please submit the following materials:
- Your resume
- A letter of intent
- Three professional writing samples relevant to the content we share on Nicki Swift (attach these in a PDF or link to them in your cover letter)
Applications without all of these elements will not be considered.
We believe representation matters at Static Media and strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with disabilities, and individuals from other underrepresented groups to apply.