American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
|Name of Job||Executive Assistant|
|Post of Location||New Yark, NY USA|
|Name of Organization||WABC-TV|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
Do you have deep experience supporting a very high-level executive? Are you known for keeping your cool under pressure? Can you interact with the most senior levels of management? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position in WABC-TV at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
The ABC Owned Television Stations Group oversees the owned and operated stations of ABC across the United States. These stations include WABC-TV in New York; KABC-TV in Los Angeles; WLS-TV in Chicago; WPVI-TV in Philadelphia; KGO-TV in San Francisco; KTRK-TV in Houston; WTVD-TV in Raleigh-Durham, NC; and KFSN-TV in Fresno, CA.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team and would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position supports the WABC-TV’s President & General Manager.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leader you support. The Executive Assistant completes a wide variety of administrative tasks for the President & General Manager, including; managing an extremely active calendar; completing expense reports; composing and preparing confidential communications; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; taking precise meeting minutes, and identifying and following-up on action items, managing scheduling conflicts, and keeping the President & General Manager and their schedule on track.
The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is critical because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business — and business needs — inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of WABC-TV and related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive(s) within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty, and attitude reflect the office and are a key component to its success.
- Provide overall administrative support including but not limited to
- phone support
- maintaining busy calendar and day-to-day meetings
- interact with a wide variety of ABC and external contacts on behalf of the General Manager
- Coordinate business travel, including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination and remote support
- Compile and submit Travel & Expense reports
- Handle all scheduling
- Schedule and set up conference calls, teleconferences and web-based meetings
- Filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents
- Aggregate information in excel for reporting
- Prepare confidential memos, correspondence, letters, business updates, meeting notes, Power Point and/or Keynote presentations, proofs correspondence and complex reports
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing executive support to a senior executive
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Skilled in PowerPoint and/or Keynote, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including demonstrated telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to assume responsibility, function effectively in team environment or independently, with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated proactive problem solving skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule with advanced notice, to accommodate overtime as needed
- Ability to function in an environment with competing and changing priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
- Event coordination/planning experience helpful
- Familiarity with local television station business a plus
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience