The IIFT is another name for the entrance exam for the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Those interested in pursuing an MBA in International Business are encouraged to submit their applications online through the IIFT organization (IB). Campuses for the IIFT are located in Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada (Andhra Pradesh).
IIFT will first conduct an entrance exam to shortlist candidates. Students will be approached for an individual interview and group discussion when the results are announced. Selected candidates enroll in IIFT’s MBA programs.
Highlights of the IIFT Selection Process in 2023
- IIFT admission is determined by the GMAT or IIFT entrance exam (for foreign candidates).
- Students will be admitted based purely on how well they perform on the IIFT 2023 exam; there is no additional application process.
- The IIFT admission authority screens applicants using the cutoff percentiles established after the release of the IIFT 2023 results.
- Every shortlisted applicant is required to take part in both the PI and Extempore rounds.
Candidates will have their applications rejected if they do not show up for this round.
IIFT 2023 counseling will be conducted as a part of the admissions procedure. As the exam results have already been released, the dates for counseling will shortly be disclosed.
The institute shortlists candidates based on their percentile.
A selection process for the IIFT will be held for candidates who met the minimum cut-off set by the exam authority. All applicants who receive the required cut-off grades or higher will be taken into consideration for the IIFT selection process, which comprises of three steps. Candidates must also take the GD, the PI, and the Writing Ability Test (WAT).
Documents Required for IIFT 2023 Counseling
- 10th Mark Sheet along with Passing Certificate
- 12thMark Sheet along with Passing Certificate
- A hard copy of the Seat Allotment letter
- Bank draft as per IIFT prospect
- Medical Documents mentioned in the Application form
- Transfer or Migration Certificate
- Caste or Category or Community Certificate
- Candidates Domicile Certificate
- 6-7 recent Passport size Photograph
- Original Counseling Letter along with Photocopy
Other supportive documents mentioned in the Application form
Procedure For Counselling
Candidates are assigned a topic to write on in this round and are given 200 words or less. The importance of clearly expressing one’s ideas is stressed. Directly and briefly address the issue.
The applicants will be expected to speak on a specific topic if the institute chooses to organise an extempore session rather than a GD. Applicants will be required to present a well-organized and persuasive case on the selected subject, outlining advantages and disadvantages among other things. Applicants who successfully complete the GD round will thereafter be qualified for the PI rounds.
Candidates will be called one at a time for interviews.
Again, the major goal of the interview is to assess the candidate’s communication abilities, knowledge of current events and business events, and a variety of other characteristics.
Candidates who pass these rounds will be admitted to the IIFT MBA programme. Finally, the ultimate merit will be determined based on the total combined scores in all stages of the IIFT 2023 Selection Procedure, including the candidate’s IIFT score, GD, PI, and past academic records.