Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
|Name of Job||Payroll Coordinator|
|Post of Location||Charlotte, NC USA|
|Name of Organization||Hearst Television|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
HTV Charlotte has an opening for a Payroll Coordinator. This position reports to and supports the Compensation Specialist in a staff capacity by managing all aspects of payroll processing. The ideal candidate must possess excellent and positive communications skills and interact well with others. Trustworthiness is a key trait as this individual will be exposed to highly confidential information.
Based at our state-of-the-art Hub in the Ballantyne area of Charlotte, NC, this position supports Hearst Television’s 32 stations across the country. Great Location! Great Company! Great Job! Are you looking to join one of the nation’s most diversified media, information, and technology companies? One that offers a continuous learning environment, opportunities for advancement, and exceptional benefits? Then industry leader Hearst Television may be your perfect fit.
- Handles payroll on a regular basis and readies payroll reports
- Bi-weekly payroll review/processing/reconciliation through ADP
- Confirms timesheets are accurately submitted
- Replies to employee questions and resolves payroll issues that arise
- Handles unemployment paperwork for former employees
- Ensures vacation and sick time balances are accurate and updated in a timely manner
- Processes termination checks as necessary
- Assists with monthly processing of centralized commissions and updating salary budgets and forecasts for corporate units
- Assists with various reports required to report open positions, headcount, part-time hours, and salary comparisons
Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
- Eagerness to take on a new challenge and learn evolving areas of payroll/compensation
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the position
- Be a strong team player, take initiative, and be an enthusiastic go-to person
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quick deadline environment
- Excellent communication skills required
- Experience with various software applications including Excel, ADP, WorkForce, etc.
- Ability to run a variety of reports from these databases
Education and Experience:
- Degree in Business related field preferred
- Payroll experience
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable legal requirements.