WTAE-TV, the Hearst-owned ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for a newsroom part-time Assignment Editor. The ideal candidate has good news judgment, the ability to juggle multiple time-critical situations while remaining level-headed, good communication skills to deal with news crews and the general public, proven organizational skills to help keep us on top of upcoming stories, a working knowledge of police scanners and Broadcastify, and the ability to quickly and accurately write and post news stories for our digital and social media platforms. The candidate we hire must be proficient with the use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms and apps to find stories, track breaking news and connect with viewers.
|Name of Job||PT Assignment Editor|
|Post of Location||Pittsburgh, PA, US|
|Name of Organization||Hearst Television|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
- Aggressively cover breaking news in a competitive news market.
- Track assignments from conception to on-air execution.
- Maintain follow-ups, develop sources, build idea files and monitor scanners/phones.
- Write and post stories to the station’s digital and social media platforms
- At least one to two years of experience in a television newsroom.
- Must have computer and software experience.
- Must be a strong storyteller and an independent problem-solver.
- Ability to work varied shifts as needed.
- College degree preferred
- Military training and experience in related field will be considered.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
About Hearst Television
Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.