Every career with Hearst Television is like a story. How it develops, where it takes you, the milestones you reach along the way – you’ve got a lot to look forward to as your unique career story unfolds.
Hearst Television, a subsidiary of Hearst, owns and operates local television and radio stations serving 26 media markets across 39 states reaching over 21 million U.S. television households. Through its partnership with nearly all of the major networks, Hearst Television distributes national content over nearly 70 video channels including programming from ABC, NBC, CBS, CW, MY Net, MeTV, This TV, Estrella and more.
|Name of Job||Research Director|
|Post of Location||Sainas, CA, United States|
|Name of Organization||Hearst Television|
|Apply Now||Click Here|
Hearst Television is recognized as one of the industry’s premier companies. It has been honored with numerous awards for distinguished journalism and industry innovation, including the Walter Cronkite Award for political journalism, the national Edward R. Murrow Award, the DuPont-Columbia Award and the George Foster Peabody Award.
Hearst Television, one of broadcast’s most-respected companies, is looking for a Research Director at KSBW, Central Coast ABC and Estrella Costa Central, its dominant television stations in the scenic Monterey-Salinas, California market. At Hearst Television, our minds are always on the objectives – provide engaging news and entertainment to viewers and enrich our communities by helping local businesses grow. Hearst Research Directors are key players by developing data-based, insightful, and actionable visions collaborating with news, programming, and creative services in identifying station growth opportunities and the sales team in designing compelling stories for our sellers.
When you start a career with Hearst Television, not only will you work amongst passionate professionals who take pride in what they do, but also be part of a progressive and inclusive environment where your talents will be valued and rewarded. Hearst offers a competitive salary and generous benefit package including paid vacation time and medical coverage.
The ideal candidate will be analytical, creative, proactive, and able to handle multiple projects with a high attention to accuracy and detail and most important, be a team player.
- The Research Director is the conduit for strategic information on the station’s sales, web/mobile/digital platforms, and programming performance.
- Be an integral player in the advertising sales department creating meaningful stories to support cross platform sales.
- Provide relevant research and strategic guidance to the stations’ news, programming, and creative services departments.
- Be an active participant in presentations, including those to clients and station management and staff.
- Take command of various software applications utilizing Nielsen research and other quantitative and qualitative data.
- In-person attendance is required.
- Prior advertising, marketing and/or broadcast experience preferred.
- A background in consumer and/or media research.
- Proficiency in various media and digital research software including Nielsen software, Wide Orbit Media Sales, Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and qualitative and competitive media reporting products is preferred
- Possess analytical skills and creativity to effectively convey findings
- Have strong and effective written and verbal presentation skills
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Hearst Television is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Television requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. HTV will consider requests for reasonable accommodations due to medical and/or religious reasons on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.